About the 2014-2015 Africa Responsible Investment Award
The First of its Kind on Africa Continent
Our work is to conduct continental survey to determine the Most Responsible and Respected Investments in Africa which have contributed a lot towards attainment of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals in Africa.
Public Opinions is conducting an online survey across Africa to determine the most responsible and Respected Investments in Africa which promote and uphold International Best Practices and Standards such as;
- Production of Quality Products and Services
- Respect for Internationally Proclaimed Rights Of Workers
- Environmental Protection and Conservation
- Productive Corporate Social Responsibility
- Zero Tolerance to Corruption
- Payment of Taxes
- Employment and Remunerations of Indigenous People/employees, Etc.
Public Opinions is spearheading the campaign in Africa to enable business community to promote and uphold International Best Practices and Standards as defined by the;
- United Nations Millennium Declaration
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The Kyoto Protocol
- The 10 Universal Principles of the United Nations Global Compact
- The United Nations Convention Against Corruption
- The Rio Declaration of Environment and Development
- The Africa Union Agenda
The Award and recognition ceremony for the 2014-2015 Most Respected and Responsible Investment will be held in Kampala Uganda during The 1st Africa Responsible Investment Conference.
The 20 Most Responsible and Respected Investments in Africa will receive the 2014-2015 Africa Responsible Investment Award.
Africa is a home to many indigenous owned and multinational corporations but it is important to note that most of these investments/businesses have not committed themselves to contribute towards attainment of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals in Africa or in countries where they operate from. They are much interested in exploitation of Africa resources and the people of Africa.
We want the people of Africa and Governments in Africa to do business with Responsible Businesses-This is an important aspect towards sustainable development in Africa.
We shall recognize the 50 most Responsible and respected investments or product brands in Africa. There are companies in other parts of the world but sell their products to Africa and for them they have even done a good job in helping Africa to overcome poverty and to attain the United Nations Millennium Development Goals-we shall recognize them for as long as they are nominated by the people of Africa and do business or have market in Africa even if their head quarters are outside Africa.
The Africa Responsible Investment Award is geared towards recognizing and promoting responsible Investment in Africa hence sustainable development of Africa.
It’s time for Africans to say no to Exploitative Companies. Its time Africans must demand for Responsible Investment—This is an important aspect towards sustainable development of Africa.
An Investment in Africa interested in participating in the competition for 2014-2015 Africa most Responsible and Respected Investments in Africa must print and fill the Corporate Assessment Form. Then scan and send back to us for assessment. Please also send us by email attachment proof of how they respond to the international best practices and standards as defined above. We need proof of how such investments contribute towards sustainable development of Africa or in countries they operate from.
DATE AND ACTIVITIES
- The High Level Africa Responsible Investments Award Ceremony will be held on 15th May 2014 in Kampala.
- The Africa Responsible Investment Conference
- Free Medical Camp to the People
- Launch of The 2014-2015 Africa Responsible Investment Fact Book
- Participation in the High Level Award Ceremony is by Invitation
Participants will include;
- Chief Executive Officers of the Investments confirmed for the 2014-2015 Africa Responsible Investment Award
- Corporate Affairs Managers of the Investments confirmed for the 2014-2015 Africa Responsible Investment Award
- Investors Relations Managers of the Investments confirmed for the 2014-2015 Africa Responsible Investment Award
- Invited Business Leaders
- Public servants, etc.
- Invited Guests
- Fully registered individual participants are entitled to Accommodation in a Five Star Hotel (Serena Hotel)
- A confirmed Responsible Investment in Africa will be required to register for participation in the Awards Ceremony, Conference and Subscription to the Africa Responsible Investment FactBook.The Organiser (Public Opinions) will provide accommodation to one person from each fully registered Responsible Investment in a Five Star Hotel (Serena Hotel Kampala).
Each confirmed Responsible and Respected Investment is required to meet participation requirements such as;
- Full registration
- A Brief statement of the CEO or Chairman of the confirmed Responsible Investment outlining how they promote and uphold international best practices and standards, number of employees, annual turnover, annual Corporate social responsibility budget, annual tax remittances, annual salary expenditure,etc to be published in the Africa Responsible Investment FactBook
- Current colored portrait photo of CEO or Chairman to be published in the Africa Responsible Investment Fact Book
- A signed Corporate Assessment Factfile